01. Information Collection
We collect information when you visit our website, create an account, create or edit your profile information, donate or place orders on any merchandise. Some of this information is technical information that is automatically logged by our servers.
- Log Files – As is true of most web sites, our website automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this website. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age – We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- Cookies-A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
02. Security of your Personal Information
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access that are located in controlled facilities.
- Your personal information is the information that’s required when you create an account or make a donation.
- When you create an Account;
Information we collect about you which includes- your name and email address, mailing address, a profile picture, an emergency contact person. This information is given by you at the time of creating the profile.
- Making a Donation;
When you make an online donation we collect personal information such as your name, billing address, and email address. We collect information about your donation, including the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. We use Hatton National Bank PLC’s Gateway and Give2Asia to process your payments, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully.
- When you create an Account;
03. Technical Information
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our site, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Site before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the site, such as the pages you access in order to collect this information, the site places a cookie on your hard drive.
04. Use of Information
The personal information that you provide, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your donations, are used primarily for the purpose of:
- Contacting you: if we encounter a problem regarding a donation or processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you
- Administering this website, communicating with donors/walkers if and when necessary. Processing personal data for the above purposes may entail sharing the information with employees, agents and professional advisors and/or other carefully selected entities.
- Compiling aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
05. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will share your personal information with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your donations, and complete financial transactions solely for Trail. Additionally, when you register as a walker, to offer you services in connection with our website, communicate news and information about Trail, enhance and improve user’s experience, and complete financial transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your information only to the extent necessary to perform a specific requirement for Trail or, or as otherwise authorized by this policy.
When you make a donation in order to provide the required services to you, your credit card number information will be handled by the Hatton National Bank or Give2Asia Internet Payment Gateway.
In consideration of the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential, we have implemented policies and procedures designed to help safeguard your information. Including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through this website, to protect your personal information within the web site.
Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, sell, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone
Aside from the purposes described above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent, unless:
- We need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process;
- An emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or;
- We determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person.
06. Viewing and Updating Your Information
You can access your account information at any time by going to the “My Account” page. You can make changes to your information and update your account at any time.
07. Contact Us
You may contact us by using the “Contact Us” links on the footer of our site. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We also may file your comments and share them with our customer care team to improve our service in the future.
08. Updates to this policy